This week our assignment was to create the file folders necessary for the course using a prewritten Python script. The assignment was very straightforward and I had no issues or difficulties running the code. We also created a flowchart, shown below, to detail how to convert radians to degrees in pseudocode. The last question in the process summary was about what we think about "The Zen of Python." I think that "The Zen of Python" can be a bit perplexing at first glance. However, after multiple readings and considering its relevance to programming, I interpret it to mean that there is an optimal way to write code. It should be straightforward and easily justifiable. In coding, simplicity is preferable, but if complexity is necessary, it shouldn't be convoluted. It's important to avoid creating overly dense or nested code and to ensure readability. Attention should be given to errors, and one should avoid guessing the next steps.
This week's lab was difficult for me to complete due to lack of time and my wifi service being constantly interrupted. However, I was able to complete the required work without any other issues. I completed the quizzes last week and reviewed the information from the textbook on georeferencing before starting the lab assignment. The required map for the assignment, seen below, was relatively easy to produce. It shows the UWF campus with the buildings, main roads, and the location of Heritage Hall. The inset map shows where Heritage Hall is located relative to the location and the required buffer zone of the Eagles nest on the property. I will be completing the 3D map later on and adding it to this post as well as my submission for the class. Due to the time constraints previously mentioned, I was unable to complete the second map before the submission deadline.
This week was our final assignment. For this assignment, we were to write a code to create a new text file and copy all the information for the point data for 25 features. This data included the Feature OID, Vertex ID, X coordinates, Y coordinates, and the name of the river features. I created the code below, and the images following the code show the resulting text file.
Comments